Thursday, March 22, 2012

When Diet & Exercise Alone Aren't Enough: Jeff's Story

We understand that diet and exercise alone isn't the answer for everyone. Sometimes losing excess body weight and keeping it off requires more than simply changing habits. If you have tried everything, but still can't seem to be able to maintain or lose weight, suffer from debilitating diseases like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes etc., then bariatric surgery may be an answer for you. Read Jeff's weight loss success story



I have struggled with obesity my entire life. I knew that weight loss surgery was the only way I was going to win the battle. I decided to have gastric bypass surgery in June 2010. I have since lost more than 100 lbs and feel wonderful. Never could I have imagined having so much energy. Not being recognized by people I have known for most of my life makes me feel incredible.


Before surgery, I was taking numerous medications to control diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and was preparing for a sleep study to find out what I was already sure I had—sleep apnea. These potentially fatal co-morbidities of obesity terrified me. Since the surgery, I no longer have diabetes, high cholesterol or symptoms of sleep apnea. I feel like I have a new lease on life. I now have a regular exercise routine, eat healthy foods and have much more energy. The decision to have weight loss surgery has changed my life in a measurable way. I have lost pounds and added years to my life!

The Center for Surgical Weight Management at GMC-Duluth offers a range of proven FDA approved bariatric surgical options as well as a complete support program to help patients lose weight and keep it off. Click here to read more stories from real patients.

thumbnail
Judul: When Diet & Exercise Alone Aren't Enough: Jeff's Story
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Ditulis Oleh

Artikel Terkait bariatric surgery, diet, lifestyle, maintain weight, nutrition, surgical weight loss, weight, weight loss :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy
Template Seo Elite oleh Bamz