Monday, December 12, 2011

Rhonda's Story

Ever thought about bariatric surgery? Check out this personal story from Rhonda:
My name is Rhonda, and I am proud to say that I have lost a significant amount of weight thanks to bariatric surgery, specifically a sleeve gastrectomy

I have spent the last 20 years battling my weight. I always felt exhausted and was usually in pain of some sort. Because of my weight, I had severe joint pain, sleep apnea, asthma, high blood pressure and my fasting blood sugar was starting to rise. I had a difficult time keeping up with my husband and three active children. They are all athletic, and I found myself always making excuses for why I couldn’t participate in hikes, swims and sporting activities that they did together.

Now I am proud to say that I am athletic. I run, swim, hike and enjoy workout classes. I am training to participate in a triathlon next year with my husband and children. I could have never even imagined myself the way I am now. This surgery was the first step in finding myself again.

At GMC, we know that there are times when dieting and exercise alone are not the answer. Sometimes losing excess body weight and keeping it off requires more than simply changing habits. The Center for Surgical Weight Management at GMC-Duluth offers a range of proven bariatric surgical options as well as a complete support program to help patients lose weight and keep it off. Click here to read more stories from real patients.

thumbnail
Judul: Rhonda's Story
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Ditulis Oleh

Artikel Terkait people to know, weight :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy
Template Seo Elite oleh Bamz